Mobile NDIS and Clinic based NDIS Exercise Physiology for you!
Hunter MoveAbility is well positioned in the NDIS space to assist those living with differing chronic illness to move well and feel better throughout Nowra, Jervis Bay, Tamworth and the Hunter regions. Our team have worked with many different participants in this space from physical health concerns, to neurological health concerns or mental health concerns to achieve wonderful health outcomes for our participants. We genuinely love the awesome outcomes our participants achieve.
Did you know, Exercise Physiologists are able to assist participants with the following:
- Increase fitness and endurance
- Improve dexterity and coordination
- Improve mobility and balance
- Build strength and flexibility
- Improve posture
- Improve sleep quality
- Reduce spasticity and contractures
- Decrease or manage pain
- Improve metabolic wellbeing, including diabetes management
- Create a sustainable physical activity strategy that helps as participants age
How does Hunter MoveAbility help participants?
Each participant is different, therefore each program we design is different. During the initial consultation with our experienced Exercise Physiologist and Allied Health team, we obtain the goals and targets our participants would like to achieve, and design a safe, enjoyable and easy to self-manage capacity building program, with collaboration with the participants support network. Once our participants are at this stage, we encourage regular reviews to ensure continued progress is made increasing their programming safely.
The types of services Hunter MoveAbility provide may include:
- Cardiovascular conditioning (Walking, cycling, swimming)
- Resistance training (weights, resistance bands, body weight or other loaded devices)
- Balance and coordination
- Core strengthening
- Breathing and relaxation exercises
- Postural therapy
As Exercise Physiologists, we are able to provide support within the following categories:
- Improved Daily Living
- Improved Health and Wellbeing
How to arrange NDIS Exercise Physiology service with Hunter MoveAbility
If you would like more information before arranging a service agreement with Hunter MoveAbility, contact us on 02 8007 4933 or sent a referral on the referral form below!